Policy. Science. Business.
Updated: 11 months 6 hours ago
After revealing it wants to dump all oil stocks in a market-shattering bang in 2017, Norway's $1.1 trillion wealth fund's actual divestment could now be so small it hardly matters.
New data from the Brazilian space research institute indicates a surge in deforestation in the Amazon in the last quarter.
Hillary Clinton and Chelsea Clinton have teamed up for "The Book of Gutsy Women," honoring everyone from scientist Marie Curie to climate activist Greta Thunberg.
The electric battery boom has a new target: ships.
The state of Texas and its communities have taken major steps to defend themselves from natural disasters since Hurricane Harvey devastated large swaths of the region two years ago, a new report indicates.
Southeast Asia's meteoric economic rise threatens global climate goals, and the region itself, international organizations and financial institutions are warning with rising frequency.
Another player has thrown its weight behind the Trump administration's new Affordable Clean Energy rule in court.
New York passed one of the most ambitious pieces of climate legislation in American history this summer. The Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act requires the state to cut emissions 40% from 1990 levels by 2030 and 85% by 2050. The remaining 15% would be offset.
Studies continue to pour in showing that EPA's decades-old method for estimating methane emissions from oil and gas facilities doesn't stand up to empirical data.
The nation's first large project for offshore wind is scuffling, and it's unclear how supportive Interior Secretary David Bernhardt is of the proposed facility in Massachusetts.
Zygmunt Solorz-Zak, a media-shy Polish billionaire who owns lignite-fired power plants and a TV network, just spoke out on an unexpected subject: ecology.
Dozens of billion-dollar companies. Thousands of high-paying IT and manufacturing jobs. Luxury apartments towering over the Bay of Bengal. The southern Indian city of Chennai has one of the world's fastest-growing economies, but it's out of water, threatening to put a brake on all that growth.
On a tower in the Brazilian rainforest, a sentinel scans the horizon for the first signs of fire.
Diageo PLC will invest £180 million ($219 million) in renewable energy upgrades to breweries across Africa with infrastructure including new biomass boilers to turn wood chips, bamboo and rice husks into steam power.
Mercedes-Benz is facing backlash after seemingly bragging on Twitter about its cars' carbon emissions following a European heat wave that scientists say was fueled by climate change.
A new report is urging lawmakers to fight the affordable housing crisis as part of a larger effort to prepare communities against the worst effects of climate change.
Two months after the latest round of oral arguments in the so-called kids' climate case, the 21 youth plaintiffs of Juliana v. United States are still rallying public support for their cause.
The Trump administration has placed Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands at the back of the line to receive congressionally appropriated funds meant to help 11 states and territories prepare for hurricanes and other climate disasters.
In what may be the week's most unsurprising news, scientists have officially announced that this past July was the hottest month ever recorded on Earth.
The White House is claiming that its rollback of Obama-era clean car standards will lead to more jobs in the auto industry, contradicting an earlier finding by the administration that loosening the rules could lead to the loss of 60,000 positions.